Friday, February 1, 2013

Cheap Chicken Noodle Made Awesome

Been a while huh? I've been having some medical issues going on and been a little distracted. I have taken pics of stuff I swear, I just never seem to find the time to put them up. I'll try to do better. Going out of town for a month and I've got a few pics on my comp so I'll see what I can do. Anyways, good news and bad news for this post. Good news: I found a way to make that really cheap and blah store brand chicken noodle soup taste awesome. Bad news: I'm out of chicken noodle soup cuz I've made this a couple of times T_T It's just so tasty, I can't help it! So let's get started shall I?

This all started cuz we had garlic left over from Christmas and I was trying to think up ways to use it. I'm not a big cooker cuz I hate cleaning up, and I know there are probably tons of ways for people to use garlic.

I folded a piece of lunch meat in half and then rolled it up.

You can use whatever you want, I'm just broke and this is all we had.

Then I sliced it into rounds and cut those in half (you can chop up your meat any way you like, I just find this faster and easier) Then I chopped up two cloves of garlic.


After that I heated up a bit of butter on medium heat and when it was melted I added the garlic (butter burns, be careful. If you need to, add a bit of olive oil or something) Stirred until it started smelling really good and I thought it would be a good time to add the ham.


 I know when it's time to add the soup cuz the ham starts jumping. I'm serious, that ham is after you and you need to drown it. Added the soup and half a can or so of water, up to you how much you add really. Added 1 bay leaf, a dash or two of black pepper and Italian seasoning and a few shakes of this stuff...


I can't think of what it's called right now. It's some kind of peppers in vinegar. The label has been worn off forever ago cuz we just refill it with vinegar when it gets low. Speaking of which, looks like it needs some now. Anyways...


Here's another thing up to you. Leave it on medium and it will boil eventually. When you think the bay leaf and garlic have had time to infuse to the rest of the soup and the little garlic pieces are transparent and mushy it's time to take it off. 


I actually cooked mine a little too long and some of the water cooked out. I had to wait for my batteries to recharge just a bit so I could take the final few pictures. Oops. Anyways, this soup is great I love it, I'm just gonna be sad when I'm out of garlic.

Moral: Garlic = Bad breath but numminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment