Friday, October 19, 2012

Purple and Black Scarf for the Gilgameshy one.

I made a purple and black scarf for my friend Gilgamesh.




His favorite color is purple so in order for it to not look too girly I added black as well. Unfortunately my camera won't pick up the reds in the purple and make it kinda blue in the pics. It's the amethyst yarn that they sell at Wal-mart. I don't have wool or anything really warm so I'm hoping that the two strands will make this warm. I'm worried about it being scratchy due to the acrylic, but that's all I've got. I think after he washes it, it will be softer. It's kinda wide as well so it can protect his face against the northern cold. It's between 5 1/2 and 6 feet long. He's a tall guy so I'm hoping it's long enough.

If anyone is interested, the pattern that I based this off of is here -> Super Fast Scarf

Hope he likes it ^_^ It makes me happy to make things that get used and, hopefully, loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment