Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bama Pursey Thing

So I've been commissioned to make a bigger wristlet with an Alabama theme. I'm still working on it, but here's what I have so far.



Hook - 00 (double zero)
Yarn - Worsted Medium 4 in crimson and white
Finished dimensions - 7in X 5in

There should be 22 stitches on each row. Don't forget to count these.

ch 23
1. sk st, sc in next st, sc across, ch 1
2.-35. sc across, ch 1
36. sc in back loop only ch 1
37.-70. sc across, ch 1
71.  sc in back loops only, ch 1
72.-77. sc across, ch 1
78. sc 5, ch 3, sk 3, sc 6, ch 3, sk 3, sc 5, ch 1
79. sc across (when you come to the holes just sc into them instead of each chain) ch 1
80.-81. sc across, ch 1
82. sc across, finish off.

Then I put detail on it, attached buttons, stitched it together and I'm currently waiting to see if I need to put a short or a long strap on it. I'm also wondering if I should put white stripes on the edge of the flap, it looks a little plain to me.

(My rows were straight until I did that A, but it still looks awesome to me ^_^)


So far I have timed it at taking me a little over 5 hours and I haven't even started on the strap yet.
I have no idea if the lady's phone is gonna fit in it cuz I'm just kinda guesstimating it as I go.

Also, it's my first time doing the surface slip stitch thing but I like it. If anyone is interested I got it from here -> Surface Slip Stitching

I'll prolley update when I finish this.

P.S. I gotta say, I'm proud of that A ^_^ Roll Tide baby! And if anyone is interested the original pattern for the mini wristlet is here -> Mini Wristlet Pattern

If anyone makes this, let me know if I've messed up on anything.

Update

Started 2am Monday October 15th 2012
Finished 7pm Tuesday October 16th 2012
Was paid 5$ for materials
Total Time - 6 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment