Sunday, February 5, 2017

Tuesdays with Morrie


So, I finally took the advice of a friend of mine and sat down to read this. I knew going in basically what it was about, so I prepared myself to have a good cry.

I remained strong through it, but I had happened to see in the table of contents that there were 14 Tuesdays written about, with 14 titled something about saying goodbye. I didn't think anything about it until I happen to look up at the chapter title I am on. 9. Oh no, I'm on the 9th Tuesday! But 14 is right around the corner. At this point I begin to get a bit anxious, and the closer it comes, the more upset I'm getting. Then one sentence sets it all off. Morrie tells Mitch that if he had had another son, he would have been proud if he had been it. Annnnd cue the waterworks.

I keep reading, and the chapters are coming faster, the pages fewer as his visits become shorter, and Morrie grows weaker. The final goodbye let loose more tears from my already emotional self. It was a very good book, and I will recommend it to my friends. Just be warned, it will make you cry if you have even a tiny amount of love in you. But sometimes, crying is a good thing.

As Morrie says, "It's ok to cry."



No comments:

Post a Comment